Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Bullpen on Bellinger Street




The Bullpen Sports Bar is located down at 1522 Bellinger Street in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

This Blog entry is by Joey Z.


Let me set the stage here... I was out and about and one of my good friends called me up and said come to the Bullpen it's my going away party. I had known about this but it slipped my mind so it was a good thing he called. I get there about 8:30 and ordered a Mich Golden Tap, which came in a nice frosted mug. I sat down at the bar, swept away a bunch of peanuts that were all over the floor under me and got everything out took a count of the crowd and started to ask some questions...

The layout of the bar is fair with 3 TVs over the bar and 1 over the front window. There are 2 pool tables and 2 dartboards for recreational activities. The bar is very NASCAR oriented. There are lots of racing memorabilia everywhere. Fantasy Racing is a big thing. Don't really know what all that entails but sounds a lot like your average Fantasy Football leagues.

As the bartender was letting me in on the background of the bar she asked if I need another beer, and instead of using the same glass it was another ice cold mug.

I waited to take an official count till 9pm and came up with 22 men and only 6 women. This is a hefty 3.67 Sausage Factor. The Attractiveness Rating wasn't too high, probably around a 5/10. Here's a good picture of my buddy with the bartender.


Since it was a going away party for my buddy we made sure to get him quite toasted to remember his last night out (or maybe our intent was that he not remember haha) before he had to hop the plane to Florida. Prices weren't that bad if you ask me... a Pitcher runs $5.00, 8oz tappers $0.75, Mugs $1.50 and Shots with Red Bull only $3.50...


As the night went on we had some fun playing dice, the bartender even stepped in a couple of rounds... As everyone knows at some point in time you need to take a break and go the restroom.

To be honest with you I wasn't really impressed with the restroom at all... The urinal is mounted way to high on the wall and it isn't one of them full length ones so if you are a shorter person you can't really use it. The toilet stall didn't have a door on it either but for a lot of people that isn't really a concern I guess...

We ended up leaving at 10:20 to go to another establishment. When we left there were 23 men and only 4 women bringing the Sausage Factor up to a 5.75. The Attractiveness Rating was roughly the same at 5/10.

All in all I would give the place a Beer Rating of 3/5 Beers. It's a nice place to relax and enjoy a few beers while talking about NASCAR and shoot some pool, but the Sausage Factor was high and the restrooms were slightly lacking.

Beer Rating: 3/5
Sausage Factor: 4.71
Attractiveness Rating: 5/10

No comments: